Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Weimar Republic, its cults of the occult and the roles of women

The new school year has brought about new changes and inspiration and while the new curriculum has me a bit frazzled and unnerved i have been super excited to create some new designs with a seriously awesome subject. For Integrated studio formally concepts and now combined with 3D i was graced with the open assignment of any interpretation of internal external and while racking my mind endlessly for days i happened apon the subject by browisng the aisles of Strand. i came across a book called Voloptuous Panic which inspired me to choose the subject for my project. basically i am bringing into play weimar berlin and the many fears and secrets of the time. secret arian love cults, early rmodern art politics and female sexuality. this lead me to the gimble design library where i gathered an abundant amount of information with visual and literal interpretations of the topics. the  german male fantasy book i picked up is a true winner!  For this visual communications course i have decided to link the whole of my Parsons experience to this blog and compose my concepts subject of the Weimar Republic and the love cults in early 20th century Germany in these visual mood boards:




No comments:

Post a Comment